We have made the last upgrade of our new website on 29 July 2014. Although we thoroughly tested and collected user feedback for several months before the launch, every change comes with some problems. Here is a list of the few, but most frequently found problems with some possible solutions.
Website does not load
This is the case when no or only parts of the website appear after you have navigated to www.meteoblue.com. To solve it:
- A first step in troubleshooting is always to reload the page (Ctrl+R on most browser).
- A second step is to empty the browser's cache, and then again re-open the website. In Firefox, this procedure is relatively simple and described on the publisher's site.
- Try with another web browser.
- If this does not solve the problem, please send us a screenshot and a description of the problem.
The location search box is now at the top of the page, to make it easier to find. Enter the "city, postcode, coordinates" text in the box or click on it. A window with a list of the nearby locations and a map should open almost immediately. This map should be larger than the previous version, to improve searching functionality. If the box does not react, try the following:
- Enter a URL from your previous browser bookmarks.
- If you are a registered user, try your favorites.
- Click on this link.
If this does not solve the problem, please send us a screenshot and a description of the problem.
Where are webcams?
We have created a new section "Current weather", to accommodate the increasing volume of real-time weather information available. There, you will find the webcams, satellite images , Current weather situation and warnings, and Surrounding weather stations.
Where is the Astronomy Seeing?
Map Page display
The meteoMap pages have been redesigned with new navigation and scrolling. To find maps, you can:
- Navigate to the tab MAP on the left hand menu.
- Set a bookmark to a known URL, e.g. https://www.meteoblue.com/en/weather/map/precipitation/europe.
- Click on one of the maps under "Precipitation radar with lightning", "Current weather situation and warnings".
- Click on "More weather maps " at the bottom of the main page.
If you are having problems displaying a map, send us the URL of the map concerned, e.g. https://www.meteoblue.com/en/weather/map/precipitation/europe.
Advertising is disturbing
With a few browser versions, advertising display may occasionally cover weather information. This is a problem not entirely under our control. Please try:
- Reloading the page (Ctrl+R).
- Clear the browser cache.
- If this does not solve the problem, please send us a screenshot so we can report the problem to the advertiser.
More about advertising is explained here.
meteoblue on mobiles
Our goal is to optimize the website also for mobile use on smartphones and tablets. There are thousands of combinations of devices, operating systems and browsers, and some devices may still not displaying the website properly. If you have a problem, please send us a screenshot and a description of the problem.
meteoblue on tablets
Our site is optimised for tablets, and usually adjusts easily to landscape as well as to portrait mode.
However, on some tablets, there is a problem with some advertisements: the "advertising" element may stay and overlap weather content when changing modes, or when the browser window is resized. This problem currently occurs mainly on tablets. It is caused by Advertiser software which controls the display of the advertising. We have no control about this feature and have already informed the Advertiser of the problem and are awaiting correction. Here are some workarounds:
1. reload the page: the advertising should then move back to the right place and no longer hide the weather information. If you turn your tablet, however, it may be that the advertising will shift again, so you will need to reload the page again.
2. You can use one of the standard functions for suppression of advertising. Advertising of course helps us finance a good service, but this is an option if option 1 does not work, and if the Advertiser does not fix he problem.
3. You can register and buy a point+ subscription: this eliminates advertising and gives you access to all the functions and diagrams of the website.
We hope that this gives you sufficient options to avoid the problem.
Display and functionality
Some users are missing functions from the previous website version, or do not like certain functions or designs. If there are specific defects, gaps or pages that are not optimal, please send us a description of what you are missing and perhaps suggestions for improvement. Our goal is to keep what was good and add what is better.
Printing meteoblue website pages
Some users have brought to our attention, that printouts of the website are not optimal. We have previously not received such requests and did therefore not optimized this function in our last redesign. We will include this in the next optimization.
Here, we report previous problems which have been by and large solved.
A frequent complaint was the need to pre-select countries in our location search. Since November 2013, you can now select any place on Earth with a simple text search, without having to pre-select countries. If you still want to select country, type the place name and the country name, e.g. "Cordoba Spain" or "Saint-Martin France". This will help you to narrow down a search from hundreds of namesakes.
Watch our News for updates and improvements.
Tell us what you think: Our goal is to keep what is good and to add what is better.