Please contact us
- Simulation data with high precision
- Available for any place on Earth
- 100% complete without any gaps since 1985
- Hourly values and daily, monthly, yearly aggregations, TMYs
- Valid also for places without measurements
meteoblue archives each forecast data set at least once daily. History data shows weather variables from a specific time in the past.
With history+ you get access to the meteoblue weather simulation archive. It offers a complete history data set for any place in the world, without any gaps. A history+ subscription contains unlimited data downloads for the selected locations for one year, including daily updates.
- historical data since 1985
- available for the most common weather variables, such as temperature, precipitation, relative humidity, solar radiation, wind speed and wind direction
- hourly, daily, monthly resolution
- unlimited data download for the selected locations for one year
- multiple formats such as csv and png
meteoblue offers a complete history data set for any place in the world with hourly data. The weather history simulation data is available since 1985 with a spatial resolution of 30 km. High resolution history data is available since 2008 for nearly any place in the world. For capacity reasons, not all weather variables and atmospheric levels are available.
meteoblue offers raw data for the following weather variables:
- temperature and dew point temperature
- wind direction and wind speed
- relative humidity
- solar radiation (GHI, DNI, GNI, GIF, DIR, GTI, Extra terrestrial radiation)
- low, medium and high cloud cover
Many other weather variables are available on demand.
There is virtually no variable which you can not get for any place in the world since 1985.
Weather archive diagram
The weather archive diagram offers access to past weather simulations for every place in the world since 2008. You can see weather information for yesterday or the weather archive of the last years. The weather archive diagram is separated in 3 charts for temperature, clouds and wind information.
Solar history products
Optimise your exposition and layout of your system with our monthly yield calculator. Based on hourly time series 30 years of global horizontal irradiation (GHI) we offer you high precision tools to assess your long term production.
The meteoblue history information can be transmitted through the following methods:
The meteoblue history information can be delivered in the following format:
- png (weather archive diagram)
- csv (raw data)
- json (raw data)
MOS (Model output statistics) is the technique of post-processing the output from numerical weather forecast models using statistics of local historical or actual weather measurements. The MOS service substantially improves the accuracy of the historical data for temperature, humidity, wind speed and radiation (other weather variables can be specified on request).
Weather simulation data
Basically, meteoblue forecasts are calculated with own models and no weather stations. These weather models are based on the NMM (Nonhydrostatic Meso-Scale Modelling) technology, which enables the inclusion of detailed topography, ground cover and surface cover. Each forecast is archived by meteoblue at least once daily. From these data, we create a complete hourly history of the weather situation, which we can deliver for every place in the world from 1985 until today.
There are numerous ways to use the meteoblue historical weather data. If you are interested to see what we can do with meteoblue historical data, you can read the following examples:
More information about history and weather variables can be found in the meteoblue help pages.
If you need more information concerning the prices of raw data, please send us a request to firstname.lastname@example.org (or click on the "contact us" button below) with the following details:
1. Coordinates of the desired place(s)(Latitude, Longitude):
2. Weather variable(s)(e.g. temperature, precipitation):
3. Time period (available since 1985- today): from .. to..
4. Interval (hourly, daily/monthly/yearly aggregations):
5. Purpose for archive data for rebate (optional)
5.1. Commercial-use (short description of data usage)
5.2. Non-commercial use (short description of data usage)
6. Additional information (optional)
6.1. Additional information for solar data (PV system information:slope angle, orientation, capacity (kWp))
6.2. Special requirements and comments