Weather data are ofter submitted to additional processing steps to improve quality. Main reasons for Post-Processing are:
- Quality control: detection and removal of errors, filling of gaps,
- Accuracy: Improcing accuracy by quality control, bias correction, downscaling or other methods
- Transformation: turning a signal (e.g. reflection) into a meteorological (radiation) or other value.
Post-Processing methods are applied to different data sources:
- measurements: quality control , others.
- Observations: transformation, interpolation,
- Weather model: Downscaling, Ensemble, Multi-Model, etc.
- or a combination thereof (e.g. MOS; MLM)
Some post-processing methods are described in the sub-bpages.