We are always looking for new talented Software Engineering professionals to join our team.
Do you believe that your skills could be a good fit for meteoblue? Do not hesitate to send us your application.
meteoblue delivers high quality local weather information for any point in the world, on land and at sea.
meteoblue premium website content, products and services are designed for businesses that depend on weather-data for their operations, and for individuals with a special interest in meteorology; for commercial customers, these products are made available at competitive prices. For the general public, we offer a free high-resolution weather forecast that is second to none.
meteoblue uses cutting edge science and technology to generate, display and distribute weather information. Adapting the world-class NMM weather prediction model to meso-scale, we can detect climatic patterns typical of mountainous areas, lake shores and on the sea, as well as reconstruct weather patterns occurring in any place of the world with high precision.
Roles & Responsibilities (example)
- Participate in the effort to maintain and optimise the performances of one of the most visited weather websites world-wide.
- Develop and optimise high performance APIs
- Drive technical designs, implement them with high quality and ensure a smooth release
- At least 1 year of professional software engineering experience
- Excellent communication and organisational skill
- Fluency in English
Nice to Have
- Experience developing and maintaining high-performance websites/APIs
- Experience with any of the following languages: Python, Swift, PHP, TypeScript, IDL
- Experience with any of the following technologies: Docker, Kubernetes, Ansibleh
- Experience with SEO
- Experience with web GIS technologies (WebGL, Mapbox, …)
- Fluency in German
- Competitive compensation
- Flexible hours
- Possibility to work remotely, fully or in part
- Open-space office with game room
- Interesting and varied projects
- Open corporate culture
- Company offsite hiking days
- Bi-weekly nerd-talks
- Training programs