- Multiple output: Images, maps or raw data
- Huge choice of weather variables
- Various formats
(JSON, CSV, PNG, etc.)
- High speed delivery
- Attractive pricing
- Improve trading or scheduling and reduce imbalance penalties with meteoblue wind forecasts
- Local wind forecast data on different height levels for precise wind power calculations
- Historical data of many different sources for wind park site assessment
- Scheduling of maintenance operation for higher electricity yield
- Estimate the risk of wind turbine icing based on 30-years of hourly weather data
- Statistical optimization of forecasts based on observation data
- High resolution weather models assure accuracy in complex terrains
- Numerous variables for any specific site worldwide
- Weather API for easy integration into your system
With globally consistent, high quality weather data, you can ensure optimal scheduling, yield estimation and maximum yields.
Products for Wind Energy
meteoblue offers thousands of images from different categories, that can easily be integrated into your SCADA software. These images can be individually customized as they are available in many languages for any location on Earth.
meteoblue climate diagrams show seasonal climate patterns of any specific location worldwide. Thus, these images are perfect to compare the wind conditions of different sites based on major wind direction, average wind speed or risk of blade icing. For the wind energy sector we recommend all our climate diagrams:
meteoblue offers advanced site assessment tools, that allow comparisons of all common variables based on more than 30 different data sources with highest accuracy. This helps to find the best spot for wind energy production wordwide.
meteoblue offers several risk assessment tools, that bring site assessment to a new level. In the wind energy sector this is especially useful to estimate blade icing risk, thus we recommend the following risk assessment tools for the wind energy sector:
meteoblue offers the histogram functionality including Weibull distribution for a defined time range of up to 30 years. The histogram function is available through history+ or API for any location worldwide.
The meteoblue year comparison allows you to compare the wind speed of the actual year with any year since 1984 or typical and extreme years. The histogram function is available through history+ or API for any location worldwide.
meteoblue offers a wide range of different meteograms, that give an overview of the general or specific weather of the next days. These are especially useful to optimize the timing of maintenance activities. For the wind energy sector we recommend the following meteograms:
There are several tools for the real time detection of rain offered by meteoblue as:
meteoblue offers various layers of our weather maps, that can easily be integrated into your website or print media. All maps are available through the meteoblue API and on the meteoblue website. The meteoblue API delivers the maps as graphics in PNG format that have to be implemented on a map (for example GoogleMaps). For wind energy application we recommend the following layers:
MOS (Model output statistics) is the technique of post-processing the output from numerical weather forecast models using statistics of local historical or actual weather measurements. The MOS service substantially improves the accuracy of wind speed on hub height or wind power generation (other variables can be specified on request). Microclimatic, site specific conditions are accurately forecasted after the implementation of meteoblue wind MOS.
FORKAST is a precision forecasting service for the management of renewable energies, smart home or micro-grid systems. Thanks to an intuitive web interface, the forecast of a single wind turbine or solar panel can be accessed within seconds. Registered users can set up their network including a storage device, different load profiles and multiple renewable generators and access a graphical forecast. Registration is free of charge. This makes FORKAST the service of choice for any organisation wanting affordable precision forecasting services for renewable energy generation, starting with single turbines or homes up to large wind parks. Test it now and send your feedback to FORKAST.
Data packages (raw data)
For the wind energy sector we recommend the following data packages:
- basic - contains 7 day forecast of the most common variables (e.g. temperature, precipitation, wind speed, relative humidity)
- current - contains nowcasting information about the current weather
- wind - contains 7 day forecast of wind related variables (e.g. wind gust, air density and 80m values)
- trend - contains 14 day ensemble forecast
- trendpro - contains advanced 14 day ensemble forecast
- sea - contains 7 day marine weather forecast (e.g. wave heights, directions and frequencies)
- historybasic - contains defined time series of the most common variables (e.g. temperature, precipitation, wind speed, relative humidity)
- historywind - contains special wind variables
- modelclimate - contains climate estimates of the most common variables
If you need more information and prices for business purpose, please send us a request to firstname.lastname@example.org (or click on the "contact us" button below) with the following details:
Transmission: (API or FTP)
Approximate number of daily request: (e.g. number of locations x number of daily updates)
If you want to test the meteoblue API for free for 14 days, please also provide the organizational details:
Address (street, postal code, city, country):
Website: (if available)