Nobody is perfect. meteoblue appreciates criticism as a way to detect errors, clarify mistakes and make improvements. We appreciate your time to bring these problems to our attention. We do only publicise selected comments. Most are of transitory significance, because we correct the underlying problems. Further, users may not agree with publicising them. Finally, we can only publicise comments which are serious and based on facts. Remarks which contain any depreciation, racism, political opinions or personal defamation will not be published. Here is a selection of problems our users noted:
- 10.07.2019: 5 day meteogram is now in Russian : Метеограмма 5 дней для
- 09.07.2019: The errors in the maps, on the main page, location searching stumbles... very poor performance today
- 09.07.2019: Are you still going to have the break up in 3h? I alwas liked seeing how it went from light pictograms to dark histograms(ie in summer or winter)
- 09.07.2019: I think the site is harder to navigate. I like looking at multimodel too. I prefer having 7day views and 14 day views on one page. Also I agree with others re the default home : it is usally way out , so I would also prefer if one could decide on a default city and then choose other cities on demand. The site is very bright, I myself prefer the grey on white or blue and white with the current weather as back drop.
- 03.07.2019: Simple, straight-forward, reliable, responsive. Congratulations.
- 03.07.2019: Bad layout, loved the classic website
- 30.06.2019: I like spinlock would like to have the data on relative humidity back in the seven day forecast data.
- 29.06.2019: I registered specifically to be able to add my comment that this new design is A DISASTER. It is much less user friendly. I agree with all the comments, what was wrong with the old design??? Remember when Coke thought they needed to make the new Coke? Yep, same case here, go back - if it aint broke don't fix it.
- 28.06.2019: Thanks for the many comments and constructive feedback that will help us with further improvements. We've responded to EVERY message since launching our new site, including some comments with improper language or false claims, which we will delete from our site. The more objective the message, the better the solution. Indirectly, many of our users mean that the previous page was good. However, it would have reached technical limits in the near future. We've therefore redone both design and code base. With the complexity of devices and browsers, this leads to sometimes unpredictable problems, most of which we have already solved. More on http://content.meteoblue.com/en/faq If you have further questions, please use https://www.meteoblue.com/en/feedback/ Thanks! Your meteoblue team
- 28.06.2019: where have 7 day meteograms gone ? meteogams are your single USP - they are the reason I use you. Now all I can see is a 5 days one and have to scroll down through every favourite to see them, rather than before -where I chose 7 day meteogram, and flip between my 10-20 favourites to quickly see weather. not good guys.
- 28.06.2019: The search engine does not allow to search things in my favourites, if there are lots of favourite locations, the sarch will become very difficult.
- 25.06.2019: I'd like to see humidity shown on 7-day weather screen as it was in the past version.
- 24.06.2019: Why do always updates have to be stupid, hard to use, worse than the previous versions, and generally bad, really really bad? First of all the MB favicon really helped me spot the bookmark quickly in my bookmark bar. Now it's just a blue icon among other blue icons that I have. Which one is MB? Take a guess... is it this one? Is it that one? Who knows? Then the forecast table is messy, hard to read, the colors are too bright, liek they're chosen by a 4 year old. And what the hell is that thing on the left? It sits there like a splinter in my eye! This looks like a homeless man has done a few extra bucks trying web design... I will search for better alternatives by the end of the day. So long!
- 21.06.2019: In my web page, when I go in Fvourites I am unable to enter in my setted favourites. Why? Please help me... Alex
- 19.06.2019: If I'm going in remote area without internet connection, I have to save the detailed prognose for every day separately on the phone with this new web site (e.g. detailed prognose for 7 days = 7 separate pages). This is definitely not convenient. The older website had been allowed the user to save the detailed prognose for every day in a single page (e.g. detailed prognose for 7 days = 1 page).
- 19.06.2019: Why did you go into the same pothole as every 'trendy' website - giving 'mobile-look' UI on a desktop computer? 50% of the screen is a waste with no information whatsoever, functions are behind 2 or 3 clicks instead of 1 - this is a major step backwards in terms of usability on desktop. If you want a 'mobile-look' website, then do it for mobile devices only, as thousands of other websites. And, you have an application for mobile devices, what is the plan for that? Instead of integrating advanced features into that, you downgrade the website and create a redundant mobile interface. I'm pretty much concerned you are going into a huge dead-end here, please wake up!
- 18.06.2019: Were is the trajectory page ? We used it daily to prepare our balloon flights :-(
- 18.06.2019: Would it be possible to show the wind direction alongside its speed for current conditions (shown in the top right corner of the forecast page)? And relative humidity? I miss this info and I find it important to determine the weather in a location.
- 16.06.2019: Thanks to our users for there comments. Important explanations can be found on. https://content.meteoblue.com/en/faq We hope this answers your questions. Users with further or technical problems: please use https://www.meteoblue.com/en/feedback/ Your meteoblue team
- 16.06.2019: I always liked the IOS version, so I'm really happy with the the new web site. One request that comes from the PC not having a GPS like the IOS devoices: let me specify a default location? When I go in I see a location that's something to do with my ISP's infrastructure, and I have to go into the location search to select my home locution from my favourites every time
- 13.06.2019: I have visited the site "SAT24.CC-10DAY"... everyday for a while now and it always showed Atlanta's weather fcst. I have finally found that I could get my own city's (Trois-Rivières, Quebec) weather; I love this site! I'm subscribedd now. Just one thing: When I leave, page is showing my city but when I reconnect there are a few steps besides signing in that I have to take...I wished the page was on my city from the start. But all the same, I love your site. Thanks, Margo firstname.lastname@example.org
- 12.06.2019: Can you please include a black theme also?
- 28.04.2018: Hello. Thanks for your work. This is the best weather site. As a traveler, I very often use your forecasts and statistics. Only, I did not find your data on the tides of the sea. Help them find or add? Thank you in advance, Sincerely, S. Grebelkin. [Ed. "We do not offer tide information, because the calculation is too different from weather information. We will add this to the wishlist for the future."].
- 17.12.2017. Your interactive map is amazing. As a pilot, the recently added interactive cross-section is fantastic! Just one suggestion: the maximum altitude on the Y-axis is approximately 13800 feet. Would it be possible to adjust and select the maximum Y-axis (altitude) for flights higher up, for example up to 39000 feet. Many thanks :) Mark. [Ed. "The cross section is designed for visual flight pilots (VFR). Flight at 39000 feet altitude would require IFR...].
- 20.05.2017: I am really happy with your page. However sometimes I'd like to check what was the astronomical seeing a few days ago. Is there a way to get such history data? Maybe by some registering or so? What I've found is a weather cast history, but it doesn't include the astronomical seeing info. Andrzej P.
- 28.12.2016: Your new web site is wonderfull. Only, hodograph application is not available. SV. [Ed. The hodograph is available in the Stueve diagram].
- 03.10.2016: Hi friends. Something related to the "All in one" chart, which is gorgeous and I check it several times a day. It would be good it showed a compass as well, as a guide for the wind direction. And when there´s precipitation accumulated (Blue bars) an indicator of the probable milimiters (or inches) of accumulated rain. If it´s possible of course. Thanks a lot !! Keep up the great work !!! J.D.Peloni.
- 24.09.2016: It's a pitty the tides are missing otherwise it's would be perfect! Very nice graphical interface too. J. Minister.
- 13.09.2016: Hello, First off, I'd just like to say that I really love your site. The layout is the best I've seen for a weather website and the multi-model feature is really cool. I've noticed a possible bug with the forecast in my area.... S. Van Hoose.
- 20.06.2016: Love your website. I have a question, what does the arc second seeing depend on. I cannot make reason or sense for the arc second (seeing) numbers. What are the arc second seeing numbers dependent on? The air steam numbers? or a combination of factors and what are they? Thanks, Al. [Ed.: See Help page].
- 24.04.2016: Dear all, the map "meteoblue maps - Wind" should include the North Pole Region completely. Althogether a very interesting and informative Portal. For non-experts, some more 101 of meteorology would be helpful. Kind regards, M. Dehms.
- 17.04.2016: Dear Sirs, additional wind roses per month would be interesting. Thereby , one could see how the winds change over the year. For me, as a sailor, of course very interesting to see what are the prevailing winds during the sailing season. Best Regards Martin Büchler.
- 01.03.2016: .... Last Saturday 27 Feb, I mentioned that meteoblue is underestimating the temp. for Mon 29 Feb.
(for LGPZ - Preveza, max 17C). Next day's run (Sun 28 Feb) was giving max 20C for Mon 29 Feb. Pretty better! The
actual max for yesterday (29 Feb) was 21C. METAR LGPZ 291020Z 07001KT CAVOK 21/10 Q1011= So, the 48hr forecast
was 4 degrees less! 24 hr forecast was much better, only 1 degree less. In our job, we often see these
situations. And we have to examine the reason for that, in order
to impove the "outputs". So, I want to ask:
1) the min and max temp shown on the main page are coming from ONE model or are the average of multi-model? [Editor: from ... the model with highest resolution available..., not from the average of multi-model (because the multimodel may contain some pretty "wrong" models. The (only) disadvantage of the single model approach is (in fact) that sometimes one model can be "more wrong" than the average. This is unavoidable - otherwise, this model would be (almost) perfect.]
2) The black&white line on multimodel shows the average of the models or is a weighted average? [Editor: ... the average of all models.]
3) The short term verification compares actual data with what? [Editor: The short term verification compares (past) measured data with the 12-36 hr forecast (from previous day before noontime for following day).]
Thank you in advance for any answer to my questions. I'm sure that meteoblue people are doing a great job. I follow you for years and I'm very glad to see that your site never stays steady but always improves. Best regards, Harry. P.S. The "wind animation" is FANTASTIC!
- 17.02.2016. Very much appreciate the new wind animation. Thanks. In the scale, what is hPa? I can't beleive you are forecasting as high as 11.8 km. D. Brown.
- 25.07.2015. Generally, a very informative website, but recently there have been some problems. Firstly with Safari as the browser, adverts often obscure the page. Secondly, since the new radar display has been introduced it does not work under Safari. However, nearby places in Switzerland work perfectly well. Under Firefox browser with Windows XL, the site for my village, Oberlarg, causes the browser to freeze. This was not the case one week ago but seems to be associated with the new radar/precipitation display. So a few things to sort out. AM.
- The new site layout is design with a focus on tablets I guess .. which in the end it's OK. However, the last 2 days on the right side are completely hidden under the banners of Google Ads and so on ...
- 17.08.2014. meteoblue.com is a great weather website, but since your last uprgade I really miss the small map, where I could select new places (including many mountains) and see all the covered places in the neighbourhood within several km from the selected place in the map. Can you please bring the small map back? Thanks. Best regards, Martin. [Editor: user found it after explanation. "I just didn't expect such good search capabilities from this textbox, it works great!"]
- 31.07.2014. Hello meteoblue, I like the new design. But, always a but. What I am missing most is the :"memory" of the "other" places visited. As a pilot I like to have easy access to destinations to check the forecast, and to have a look at the webcams - if any available. I do know that on the top of the new format there is the "Last visited" option, however today my previously visited destinations e.g. Buochs in Switzerland, was gone. Re-entering the places is just a tedious task when before it was right there on the screen. Thanks for listening. George. [Editor: Yes, we forgot the "last visited" storage search box. We are working on a special window for favorites and "last visited" to be released next week.]
- 07.07.2014: "Dear Sir or Madam, thank you for excellent weather forecast also for my town - Zlín in the Czech Republic. Would it be possible to provide also thunderstorm probability, for example under "Precipitation probability" in forecast table? Maybe I searched wrong and this information is provided … Thank you for your response. "Franta Jetel". [Probabilities are explained under Predictability]
07.05.2014: "Hello, I just paid for 1 year subscription for premium usage. I can see that I have only 50 displays of sounding/meteogram (and all premium stuff) per day ? What exactly is this ? Why I paid 40 euros for ??? If this is the case and I am restricted for daily usage, I would like to be refunded. This is [expression removed by redaction], no other site that offers premium subscription, does not restrict the number of views per day…." NN.
[meteoblue reply: Thanks for your order and your interest ….point+ offers the largest choice of hourly 3-dimensional weather information on the planet - you can choose any place in the world and get hourly detailed weather information for the next 6 days, including archive data. 40 EURO is a fair price for this volume of data... Sorry if this not what you expect… Instead of discussing your allegations, we have refunded your money… we will ... make adjustments necessary to avoid such situations in the future…"].
- 03.12.2012 - ES: Dear Sir/Madam. Wishing all the best in your life and work, also thanking for outstanding
accurate information' s regarding to weather forecast. Looking everyday weather forecast for my place of
residence, ..., Kosovo and for our Paragliding place in ...Mountains. I kindly ask if you can add the name of
Republic of Kosovo in the list of states in Meteoblue. As we know Switzerland was among the first states that
has recognised the Independence of Kosovo. With kind regards and. Best wishes, NN Republic of Kosovo.
[meteoblue reply: "Our list of countries is based on the internationally accepted encoding of the ISO (International Organization for Standardization). This is organization has not yet published a country code for Kosovo - see: http://www.iso.org/iso/country_codes/iso-3166-1_decoding_table.htm. Therefore, Kosovo can appear on our site as a separate country…."
05.12.2012: Thank you for your time and explanation, yesterday also contacted ISO Office in Geneva, they replied that we need to be UN member, in order to get country code if I understood well ( see attached reply). Thank you for suggestion...]
21.02.2014 - MM: Greetings, I think your database should be updated, Hebron, Bethlehem, East Jerusalem and Ramallah are not in Israel, they are in Palestine according to International law and UN resolutions. Best Regards, Marwan.
[meteoblue reply: "Thank you for your remarks. ...We will review the database entries and adjust them to the new administrative settings. We hope you can find the right weather for the desired places via the map and other functions in the meantime."]