We are always looking for new talented professionals to join our team.
Do you believe that your skills could be a good fit for meteoblue? Do not hesitate to send us your application.
- On-site position: Basel, Switzerland. Partial remote work is possible.
meteoblue delivers high quality local weather information for any point in the world, on land and at sea.
meteoblue premium website content, products and services are designed for businesses that depend on weather-data for their operations, and for individuals with a special interest in meteorology; for commercial customers, these products are made available at competitive prices. For the general public, we offer a free high-resolution weather forecast that is second to none.
meteoblue uses cutting edge science and technology to generate, display and distribute weather information. Adapting the world-class NMM weather prediction model to meso-scale, we can detect climatic patterns typical of mountainous areas, lake shores and on the sea, as well as reconstruct weather patterns occurring in any place of the world with high precision.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Participate in the effort to maintain and optimise the infrastructure of one of the most visited weather websites worldwide
- Drive technical upgrades, implement them with high quality and ensure a smooth release
- At least 2 year of professional system administration experience
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code tools (Ansible, Puppet, ...)
- Experience in infrastructure architecture design
- Strong Linux administration skills
- Experience working with hypervisor softwares
- Experience with cloud storage or distributed storage technologies
- DevOps experience
- Excellent communication and organisational skill
- Fluency in English
Nice to have
- Experience with enterprise hardware and datacenter is a big plus
- Experience with any of the following technologies: Proxmox, Ceph, CDNs, Percona, OpenSearch
- Experience maintaining infrastructure for high-performance websites/APIs
- Coding experience
- Experience with cloud platforms
- Fluency in German
- Strong team spirit
- Able to work autonomously
- Think outside the box
- Know how to work remotely
- Like troubleshooting complex issues
- Competitive compensation
- Flexible hours
- Possibility to work remotely, fully or in part
- Open-space office with game-room
- Interesting and varied projects
- Open corporate culture
- Company offsite hiking days
- Training programs