Numerous regions worldwide currently face extreme weather events such as heatwaves, droughts, storms, or flooding events. Moreover, due to climate change these events are expected to further increase in intensity and frequency in the years to come. This trend not only amplifies the risk of economic damage but also increases the likelihood of weather-induced health stress (or even life risk). In order to empower our users to make smarter decisions about the future, we have created climate+.
- Instant and easy access to climate prediction and climate risk assessment data
- Perfect solution to meet the requirements of the EU taxonomy
- Prediction data until the end of the 21st century
- Selection from variables such as air temperature, precipitation, number of hot days, number of tropical nights, and more
- Considers all four RCP emission scenarios (2.6, 4.5, 6.0 and 8.5) used by IPCC
- Uncertainty assessment
- Available for any location worldwide
- Hourly data with a spatial resolution of 30 km
- Climate data consultation with our climate experts
- Multiple formats available
- meteoblue commits to reinvest 5% of the product's revenue in climate change mitigation projects
How to get climate+
- Register for free on the meteoblue website
- Go to the climate+ purchase page
- Select desired number of locations
- Select payment method
- climate+ is now ready to use
At the moment of purchase, you receive access to a selected number of locations, without having to decide which ones. The desired locations or coordinates can be activated afterwards in the data download interface. climate+ access remains active for 1 year, starting at the purchase date.
The meteoblue Climate Analysis provide and easy-to-read graphical summary of complex climate change simulations for any location on Earth until the end of the 21st century.
The Data Download offers access to time series until the year 2100 for air temperature and precipitation, and for all four main RCP emission scenarios.
Location-specific risk assessments
As changes in the frequency and severity of meteorological phenomena will increase the economic damage incurred, organisations are obliged to start considering the impact of climate change both in their strategic plans, and in daily operations. In the EU, this has become mandatory as of 2023. meteoblue is one of the first companies to offer location-specific climate risk assessment reports evaluating the potential risk in the future. For more information about meteoblue climate risk assessment and further climate services, please consult one of the following links:
Climate Prediction Understand the arising risks of climate change for any location on Earth
The meteoblue Climate Prediction shows the past and most likely future development of more than 20 variables, including air temperature, precipitation amount and wind speed based on simulation data from the IPCC report. It is available within history+ or as a customised service.
Climate Risk Assessment Understanding the arising risks of climate change
meteoblue offers location-specific climate risk assessment reports that evaluate the potential risk in the future related to climate change for several climate dimensions based on a combination of post-processed IPCC climate model data and model data of the reanalysis model ERA5.
Free climate features on our website
Additionally, meteoblue offers further climate features that can be found on the website, and are free of charge.
Climate Change Analysis Historical climate change for any location on Earth
meteoblue uses historical data of the reanalysis model ERA5 to display the development of temperature and precipitation amount as well as their yearly and monthly anomalies from 1979 to today.